Thursday, March 14, 2013

BLOG READERS: BLOGLOVIN'

Hi!! 

Google Reader is no more, that's now official. And a lot of you look really bummed about it and have been asking about other blog readers to use so i though i'd do this quick post about Bloglovin'!

Personally, i have never used Google Reader, so this is not a comparison. Just me telling you why i love Bloglovin' so much :)
First reason: the design is super clean and easy. A year or so ago i was looking for a blog reader to help me get organized with my reading. I did not like Google Reader, mostly because, well it wasn't really pretty, or clear. Then i discovered Bloglovin'. It was super easy so i started adding blogs to it, and now i'm using it daily, both on my computer and iPhone (yep, they have an app, free of course!)



When i say it's easy, it really is! On the main page you can see the blogs you are following and their latest posts. If you click on one of them, you'll be redirected to the blog, well the post in fact, which is way better. But you're still on Bloglovin, which means you can jump to another post of your feed anytime, no need to go back to the BlogLovin' main page! You can also comment the posts without issue this way, which is super cool!


Here's another snapshot of the main page. Once you’ve created an account you can search for and follow your favorite blogs, organize them in group however you like and also claim your own blog, so people can follow you too!
Hoping this has been helpful to some of you, and a couple links to finish:
How to claim your blog on Bloglovin’ (first link).
- How to import your Google Reader into Bloglovin' (so you don't have to start from scratch!): http://www.pricelessadventure.com/2012/04/how-i-set-up-blog-lovin.html
Also, if you ever wanted to, you can follow me here - post your link below and I’ll follow back if I don’t already!

15 comments:

  1. Oooo, this looks great! I'm going to give it a try. I never really liked the Google reader interface so I don't use it all that much. But this looks great! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might have me persuaded! I thought Katie's guide was great and with what you have added here I'm not feeling quite as gutted as I was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've just woken up from a 15 year sleep. Where have I been that I didn't know anything about stuff like this? In fact, I didn't even know what Google Reader was and never paid attention to it until it said it was ending. My version of this has been to save every blog I like in my Favorites. Not exactly useful. So I thank you so much for posting this! My life has literally been changed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, you're welcome i guess ;)
      Have fun reading all those blogs!

      Delete
  4. This looks great, will have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing!
    I actually never really used Google Reader.
    I have "followed" tons of blogs, but generally just read from 2p's list or my blog roll.
    This one looks interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the the hunt, too. Thanks for sharing...great info in your post. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the guide. I just imported all of my google reader stuff into blog lovin but was a little confused about how to scroll around. Here is my link: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2343508/avinash?claim=psrbupthfnc I will follow you back too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was really helpful and I will Pin it for others... I might jump over too but my only concern with BlogLovin is that you can't read the whole post without clicking on it (unlike GR)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i don't mind that BL takes me to the actual post! this way i can see the design and leave comments. and with the navbar you can easily go to the next/previous blog

      Delete
  9. Great and timely post! I've been using Bloglovin, but have to admit that Feedly on my iPad is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah thank you! I'm know on blog lovin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANK YOU - I am not very good with the iPhone yet - and usually add stuff to my blog following some instructions somewhere! - so this is so very helpful. (I came here via Sian at High in the Sky ) J x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another nice thing about Bloglovin' is you can receive a daily e-mail with all the blogs who've posted new content. I scroll through that and see if there's anything interesting. I don't even have to go to the Bloglovin' site.

    Here I am - would love the follow and will follow you as well. Thanks for the post!

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1417101/scrapbook-obsession

    ReplyDelete