Wednesday, October 17, 2018

2018 reading challenge / an update

Ever since I started using Goodreads a few years back, I have set each year a reading challenge for myself. Last year was 30 books. This year I went with 36 which meant an average of 3 books a month. Doable right?

10 months later, it's October, and so far I have read 23 books in 2018. 
20% of me is like ugh I will never make it to 36 this challenge is a FAIL. The other 80% is honestly quite impressed with 23 considering how much I've worked this year (I was unemployed for 6 months in 2017 so plenty more to read back then). I think if you would randomly stop people in the street and ask them how many books they've read so far this year, 95% of them would say less than 10 (I 100% just invented that statistic but I really don't think most people read than much nowadays).

So I'm happy with my 23. I have like 5 I am currently reading (all different genre, so I don't mind having multiples at once, there's always one that fits my mood this way). Pretty sure I can reach 30, which would be awesome.



Looking back at the 23, I can easily "read" into my year so far. I have been tired and looking for comfort reads hence lots of re read and fantasy. Plus a few self improvement books which is a big 2018 theme for me, trying to figure some things out and take better care of myself. Books really do say a lot about ourselves, don't say? 

What has your reading year so far been like? 
Are you on Goodreads? Feel free to add me there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment